Yesterday evening Great Britain's Scott Brash riding his new mount Sanctos Van Het Gravenhof (Quasimodo Vd Molendreef x Nabab De Reve) took first place in the Wellington CSI4*-W World Cup qualifier in Wellington, Florida.
Sanctos Van Het Gravenhof is a ten-year-old SBS gelding which he has only been riding since January of this year.
Richard Spooner (USA) and Cristallo (14 year old HOLST gelding by Caretino x Cicero) slotted into second place.
Kent Farrington (USA) and Voyeur (10 year old KWPN gelding by Tolano Van't Riethof x Goodwill) placed third.
There were 45 starters with 11 going through to the jump-off. There were 9 double clears.
The course was designed by Leopoldo Palacios of Venezuela.
Photo:Sportfot Scott Brash & Sanctos vh Gravenhof
Result: Wellington CSI 4*-W World Cup Qualifier
1. SANCTOS VAN HET GRAVENHOF: 2002 SBS gelding by Quasimodo Vd Molendreef x Nabab De Reve
SCOTT BRASH (GBR), Lady Harris And Lady Kirkham: 0/0/37.27
2. CRISTALLO: 1998 Holsteiner gelding by Caretino x Cicero
RICHARD SPOONER (USA), Show Jumping Syndications International: 0/0/37.52
3. VOYEUR: 2002 KWPN gelding by Tolano Van't Riethof x Goodwill
KENT FARRINGTON (USA), Amalaya Investments: 0/0/38.19
4. STAR POWER: 2001 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Quick Star
IAN MILLAR (CAN), Team Works: 0/0/39.90
5. MARK Q: 2002 Irish Sport Horse gelding by Obos Quality 004 x Positively
KEVIN BABINGTON (IRL), Kevin Babington: 0/0/40.51
6. BLUE ANGEL: 2002 AES mare by Luidam x Ascendant
LAUREN HOUGH (USA), Robin Parsky: 0/0/40.86
7. ROUNDTHORN MADIOS: 2002 Irish Sport Horse gelding by Condios x Clover Hill
ANDREW BOURNS (IRL), Andrew Bourns: 0/0/41.79
8. ASLAN: 2000 Danish Warmblood gelding by Aston x Blue Hors Agent
LJUBOV KOCHETOVA (RUS), Ljubov Kochetova: 0/0/45.82
9. URSULA XII: 2001 Scottish Sport Horse mare by Ahorn x Papageno
Full results for the Wellington CSI4*-W World Cup qualifier
TINA FLETCHER (GBR), Lady Harris & Lady Kirkham: 0/0/45.84
10. MYSELF DE BREVE: 2000 SFA mare by Quidam de Revel x Grand Veneur
MARIE HECART (FRA), Haras De La Rogue: 0/4/37.03