Denis Lynch of Ireland repeated history by winning the same event yesterday that he won last year in Zürich in front of the 13,000 spectators.
Lynch was riding Darragh Kerins' former ride, Night train(Calvaro Z x Papillon Rouge). Flaminia Straumann's 13 year old gelding and Lynch stopped the clock in a time of 52.91 with no faults. The pair also won the 1.45M two-phase at Mechelen CSI5*-W in December.
Simon Delestre(FRA) and Quiness du Mezal(Elan de la Cour) had to settle for second as they were almost two seconds slower than the winner with a time of 54.50 and no faults.
Third place was Janika Sprunger and Jl's Komparse(Kolibri x Kronenkranich) with a time of 54.96 and no faults.
Results of 1.40M:
1. Night Train Lynch, Denis IRL 0 Strafpunkte 52.91 sec
2. Quiness du Mezel Delestre, Simon FRA 0 Strafpunkte 54.50 sec
3. Jl's Komparse Sprunger, Janika SUI 0 Strafpunkte 54.96 sec
4. Firth of Clyde Ahlmann, Christian GER 0 Strafpunkte 56.13 sec
5. Lalik Fuchs, Martin SUI 0 Strafpunkte 59.54 sec
6. Brustor Boy of Kannan Melliger, Kevin SUI 0 Strafpunkte 61.09 sec
7. U2 Weck, Nina SUI 0 Strafpunkte 62.79 sec
8. Tripple X III Maher, Ben GBR 0 Strafpunkte 65.47 sec
9. Copin van de Broy Ehning, Marcus GER 0 Strafpunkte 65.83 sec
10. Erenice Horta Tops-Alexander, Edwina AUS 0 Strafpunkte 65.88
26 starters, 10 Clear.
Full results here